Skip to main content
The CPTC Bookstore will be closed November 24-December 4, 2016.
Vision, Mission and Goals
Transforming lives, enriching communities and enhancing futures by creating an environment of innovation, equity and excellence through education.
Educating tomorrow's workforce.
- Workforce Preparation
- Student Success
- Institutional Excellence
- We recognize that the unique needs, goals and circumstances of the individual have a direct impact on a person’s ability to access and benefit from college activities and opportunities.
- We seek opportunities to consistently exceed our best individual and institutional performance.
- We consider respect to be the inherent dignity we give all people.
- We celebrate the many individuals that make up our community and embrace the opportunity to learn from both their differences and similarities.
- We pursue the development and application of new ideas that lead to creative solutions.
- Student Success
- We support our students to reach or exceed their personal goals or other desirable outcomes.
- Lifelong Learning
- We promote ongoing pursuit of knowledge for both personal and professional reasons.
- Social Responsibility
- We commit to decisions and actions that are socially aware and make us a strong community partner.
- Increase student success and educational access.
- Respond to local community and business & industry.
- Become more entrepreneurial.
Promote Student Success
- Provide an environment that supports student retention, persistence and completion
- Invest in personal and professional growth for all employees
- Celebrate staff and student achievement, success and creativity
- Create an understanding of equitable principles
- Identify and implement opportunities for increasing equity
- Identify and address achievement gaps
Build an Educated Community
- Ensure student learning outcomes are aligned with current professional standards
- Respond to labor market needs and close workforce gaps
- Expand lifelong learning and professional credentialing opportunities
- Strengthen educational transitions between K-12 and higher education
Enhance Institutional Capacity
- Create and improve systems to support a culture of inquiry and evidence-based decision making
- Review and revise systems and processes for effectiveness
- Judiciously manage the acquisition, use and maintenance of goods and materials
- Integrate technology across the college
- Upgrade the college’s innovation support structures
- Create a culture where all ideas can be shared and validated
- Develop entrepreneurial attitudes, behaviors and skills that can be applied across the college
- Develop collaborative and innovative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
Create and Maintain a Sustainable College Community
- Cultivate relationships and explore options to find and utilize alternative funding sources
- Maintain and update existing infrastructure
- Implement sustainable practices
- Document our institutional knowledge
Foster Community Engagement and Social Responsibility
- Build and maintain community partnerships
- Promote and strengthen internship and service opportunities
- Identify and develop opportunities for community education and outreach
- Promote a welcoming and safe environment