Skip to main content

Some services are closed on Fridays as we get ready for ctcLink. Visit https://blog.cptc.edu for details.

Tuition and Fees

Washington State & the Cost of Education

The State of Washington contributes approximately 55 percent of the cost of students' education through an allocation to the college. Students are responsible for the remaining 45 percent.

Eligible students may also receive state-supported financial aid, and federal, state, and foundation support is available — visit the financial aid page for details.

2021-2022 Academic Year Tuition

Tuition rates are set by the College in accordance with state law, and are subject to change for all enrolled students at the time of the change.

Cost of Attending College

The following budget figures have been approved by the Washington Financial Aid Association and CPTC. They are provided as a guide to estimate what it would cost to attend CPTC for nine months (three quarters).

  Dependent
Parent/Relative
Independent
Living with Parent/Relative
Resident
Not living with Parent/Relative
Tuition $5,040 $5,040 $5,040
Books & Supplies $840 $840 $840
Room & Board $3,210 $7,710 $9,690
Transportation $1,140 $1,500 $1,140
Personal $1,830 $1,890 $2,070
Total $12,060 $16,980 $18,780

How to Pay

  • Pay in person at the cashier's office in Building 17; acceptable payment methods are check, cash, money order, Visa or MasterCard.
  • Pay by phone with a Visa or MasterCard by calling 253-589-5505.
  • Pay online now at https://services.cptc.edu/kiosk/wccba/.

If an agency or scholarship is paying a student’s tuition, the payment authorization must be on file at Clover Park Technical College in order to complete the registration process.

Failure to meet financial obligations to the College will result in withdrawal from classes as well as the withholding of degrees and transcripts.

More ways to pay for CPTC

2021-2022 Academic Year Fees

Additional fees may be charged for a specific class and are listed at the end of the course description in the Quarterly Class Schedule. 

Additional Quarterly Fees

Security, Graduation, and Records Fee $5.50 per credit to a maximum of $82.50 per quarter
ASG Building Fee $3.75 per credit to a maximum of $45 per quarter

Running Start or Elective High School

Students under age 21 who enroll under Running Start or Elective High School (EHS) do not pay an admission fee and are eligible for tuition waivers subject to the provisions of each program. Students enrolled in RS and EHS are expected to pay lab/supply fees, safety/security fees, consumables, books, tools, transportation and other costs required for their program of study. The college may require students to pay a refundable deposit for tools loaned to them. Once a student graduates from high school, he or she is no longer eligible for these programs and will be required to pay the full tuition and fees.

Self-Support Classes are 100 percent funded through student fees and information on offerings is available in the quarterly class schedule. Fees vary by course.

CPTC Official Seal


Copyright © 2021 CPTC - All Rights Reserved | Federal School Code: 015984