CPTC Food Pantry
The Department of Student Life operates a student Food Pantry as an initiative of the Student Leadership & Service Center (SLSC) which currently registered students can utilize one time per month. Supplemental funding for the food pantry is provided by the student & activities fee that all CPTC students pay at time of registration.
Due to COVID-19, the CPTC Food Pantry "shopping experience" has been modified to adhere to physical distancing and reduced contact requirements. "Go bags" have been created to serve student households consistently with staple items for creating balanced meals. Since students will not shop the pantry, we have added dietary considerations to the request form to accommodate; gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian and no pork diets.
Students are able to access the CPTC Food Pantry one of two ways.
- Students can schedule a Food Pantry Pick-Up appointment using Microsoft Bookings(your groceries will be ready as soon as you enter the space).
- Students can visit the SLSC during normal operating hours, no appointment needed. Walk-in requests generally take about 15 minutes to complete.
Nourish Pierce County
Nourish Pierce County and local community partners host a variety of food banks within five miles of either Lakewood or South Hill campus which CPTC students and employees may access once a week. Nourish Pierce County Mobile Food Bank is on the Lakewood campus Wednesdays, 1 pm to 3 pm outside Building 5.
Other locations near Lakewood campus:
- United Methodist Church at Lakewood - Monday and Wednesday
- STAR Center - Tuesday
- Lutheran Church of Christ the King - Monday and Wednesday
- Giudrone Middle School - Monday
- Pierce College Fort Steilacoom
Near South Hill campus
- Holy Disciples Catholic Church - Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Please visit the Nourish Pierce County's website for times, directions, and any changes to the schedule.
CPTC Food Pantry Summer Operating Hours
Building 23, Student Leadership & Service Center
Nourish Mobile Food Bank
Building 5 parking lot