Skip to main content

Veterans Educational Benefits

Most programs offered by Clover Park Technical College (CPTC) are fully approved for benefits under the following Veterans Administration regulations:

Selected programs of study at Clover Park Technical College are approved by the Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board’s State Approving Agency (WTECB/SAA) for enrollment of those eligible to receive benefits under Title 38 and Title 10, USC.

Clover Park Technical College does not and will not provide any commission, bonus, or other incentive payment based directly or indirectly on success in securing enrollment or financial aid to any persons or entities engaged in any student recruiting or admissions activities or in making decisions regarding the award of student financial assistance.

Schools should limit student enrollment to 85% veteran enrollment per cohort. In the event that a veteran wishes to enroll in a class that has already reached the 85% cap, he or she may do that but will not be eligible for VA funding. Chapter 35 and 31 students may still enroll even if the 85 percent has been realized.

For questions about eligibility, call the VA at 1-888-442-4551. For veterans services, you can visit Currently enrolled VA students may report their monthly attendance by calling 1-877-823-2378. Contact the CPTC Veteran's School Certifying Official (SCO) at 253-589-5581 or email

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

VA New Student Checklist

For complete new student process, download the 

VA Attendance Verification

For instructions and information on VA attendance verification, download the


Drop box is for students to drop off paperwork for financial aid, registration, admissions and veterans offices. Please do not drop any homework in the slot for your classes.

For your convenience, a drop box is available just outside of Building 17.
Located near the overhang, to the right of the main building entrance, this drop box is secure and accessible 24 hours a day. Contents are picked up daily from a secure location inside the building.

Priority Enrollment for Veterans

Clover Park Technical College is pleased to allow priority registration as defined by RCW 28B.15.621 section 7b to eligible veterans and National Guard members who are continuing, returning or newly admitted students. RCW 28B.15.621 section 7b (HB 1109) defines an eligible veteran as follows:
"Eligible veteran or national guard member" means a Washington domiciliary who was an active or reserve member of the United States military or naval forces, or a national guard member called to active duty, who served in active federal service, under either Title 10 or Title 32 of the United States Code, in a war or conflict fought on foreign soil or in international waters or in another location in support of those serving on foreign soil or in international waters, and if discharged from service, has received an honorable discharge.”

Priority enrollment (registration) per this law is offered to:

  • New students who are eligible veterans or national guard members and who have completed all of their admission processes,
  • Continuing and returning former students who are eligible veterans or national guard members and who have met current enrollment requirements, and Spouses of eligible veterans or National Guard members receiving veteran education benefits.

Procedure for Assigning Priority Enrollment to NEW Veterans, National Guard members, or Spouses:
New veterans, National Guard members, or spouses must submit the following to the Enrollment Services office for eligibility review four weeks prior to the quarter’s priority enrollment date.

  1. Veteran or National Guard members must submit a copy of their DD214 form.
  2. A spouse must submit a copy of the veteran or National Guard member’s DD214 and marriage certificate or proof of relationship to the member.

Frequently Asked Questions

Veteran Work-Study Employment

To be eligible for work-study as a veteran, you must:

  • Be a veteran who is currently utilizing your benefits.
  • Be enrolled 9-11 credits (part-time) or at least 12 credits (full-time).
  • Be enrolled in a program approved by Veteran's Affairs.

Once approved for work-study, you must take a job that involves direct service to other veterans. Clover Park Technical College offers a few jobs that meet this requirement. You may contact CPTC's veterans certifying official at 253-589-5581/4532 or email at

CPTC Official Seal

Copyright © 2024 CPTC - All Rights Reserved | Federal School Code: 015984