Hayes Child Development Center
CPTC is taking additional precautions surrounding the health and safety of Center families and staff by following modified child drop-off and pick-up procedures, limiting visitors in the building, increasing cleaning and sanitization procedures, and aligning our sickness exclusion policy to match guidance set forth by Tacoma Pierce County Health Department and the Center for Disease Control.
At this time we are only serving CPTC Students and Employees. As this public health crisis continues to evolve, we hope to be able to expand to serve community members as we are able to support more children and families.
- Currently enrolled students/income-eligible 3-5 year old children
To get started, please complete this Child Development Services Interest Form.
- NAEYC accredited
- Level 4 Early Achievers
- USDA food program – Healthy meals and snacks
- Child development & health screenings
- Family support and resources
- Staff with degrees in Early Childhood Education
Effective July 1, 2020
Due to COVID-19, the Center is only serving CPTC students and employees. As this ongoing public health crisis continues to evolve we hope to be able to serve community members. Please fill out this Child Development Services Interest Form if you'd like to stay informed about future openings.
|Age||4 weeks - 11 months||1 year - 2 1/2 years||2 1/2 years - 5 years||Kindergarten - 12 years|
|Students & Employees|
- Late fee past closing: $2 per child per minute.
- Yearly Registration: $50 per child
- Registered CPTC students are not charged between quarters (break weeks) unless utilized.
- Employees receive 10 vacation days per enrollment year
- Daily rate is only applicable to students and employees
- Upon graduating from CPTC, students can either stay at the Center using the community member rate or work with Center staff to find another care option in the community.
- DSHS Child Care Subsidy
- Student Tuition Discount (ASG funded)
- Goodwin Scholarship
- Tribal Subsidy
- November 26 - Center/CPTC Closed
- November 27 - Center/CPTC Closed
- December 18 - Center Closed (center training)
- December 21-23 - Students pickup children by noon (12p)
- December 24 - Center/CPTC Closed
- December 25 - Center/CPTC Closed
- December 28 -31 - Students pickup children by noon (12p)
- January 18 - Center/CPTC Closed
- February 15 - Center/CPTC Closed
- March 5 - Center/CPTC Closed (all-college training)
- Ages 12 months – 5 years
- CPTC students
- CPTC employees
- Community members
ECEAP is a Washington state funded preschool program for three- and four-year-old children who meet income guidelines. The program provides early childhood experiences such as:
- Learning activities
- Social development and problem solving
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Health screenings and follow-up
- Family support services
- Family involvement and leadership opportunities
For more information about ECEAP Minhee Park at 253-589-6038.
National Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies
The Center accepts NACCRRA financial assistance for child care costs supporting military families in our community.
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Being NAEYC accredited means the Center is held to the national standards of high-quality early learning practices with continual access to the most up to date early learning industry practices.
Early Achievers - Level 4
The Center is an active participant in Washington State's Early Learning Quality Rating System, Early Achievers. This program is dedicated to providing families across the state equitable access to high quality early learning programs.
The Center participates in the federal USDA Child and Adult Food Program (CACFP) centered around promoting healthy and nutritious meals and snacks for enrolled children.