Jobs Skills Program Grant
The JSP program offsets the costs of employee training by providing your company with WA State funding to cover the costs of customized training for your employees at your company location or at CPTC. Your company matches the fund with your paid trainees’ wages and benefits during the training program. Your company may have a small amount of cash expenses for the training program in addition to the grant funds.
Your company works directly with CPTC Corporate Education Team. We bring out industry expert trainers and consultants to help plan a scope of work with you at no cost. We consult with you to identify your training needs and help you craft a training solution and write the application.
What are some examples of JSP funded training?
- Leadership and Supervisory Skills
- Lean and Process Improvement-Lean Plant Layout
- Sales and Customer Service
- Respectful Communication
- Management Development
- Team Building
- Computer Skills
- Technical and Industrial Manufacturing Skills--including welding and electrical maintenance
- ERP and Systems Training
College credits, certificates, and industry credentials may be awarded for some programs.
Business recipients of JSP funded training must be a private corporation, institution, firm, person, group or association concerned with commerce, trade, manufacturing or the provision of services within Washington; or a public or nonprofit hospital licensed by the Department of Social Services (DSHS).
Non-profit organizations meeting the description above are eligible. Government and municipal agencies are not eligible.
Customized Training Program
The Washington Customized Training Program (CTP) was created by the WA State Legislature to provide employee training funding assistance to businesses who pay B & O taxes and provide employment opportunities in Washington.
Funding can be used to cover the costs of:
- Basic education and skills training, including ESL
- Business soft skills, including teambuilding, supervision, leadership and management
- Technical/Industrial skills and other job-related instruction
- Skills and team assessments and evaluations
- Training equipment, materials, facilities and supplies can be included
Under the Customized Training Program, the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) pays the costs up front for customized training to CPTC Corporate Education. We develop and deliver the training programs you need with your goals in mind.
After training is completed the business will repay the costs to the SBCTC interest free. The first payment will be equal to 25% of the full cost of the training program and is due upon completion of the training. The remaining 75% is spread over the next 18 months. As each payment is made the business may take a state B&O tax credit equal to 50% of the payment. Thus, the total tax credit will be equal to 50% of the full cost of the training program.
How Do I Get Started?
Contact us today for a no-obligation Training Needs Analysis. We will determine your eligibility for a CTP Project and write the application for your training plan.
Any private business that is:
- Located or newly relocating to Washington
- A state business and occupation (B&O) taxpayer
- Willing to form an agreement with a qualified training institution for customized training (CPTC Corporate Education is your local qualified provider)
Applications must be submitted by the business and a qualified training institution. The CPTC Corporate Education Team will help your business with the application process, making it easy for you to submit for the funding opportunity.