The eLearning Department, located in Bldg 15, Room 113M, provides Canvas Learning Management System administration and support for students, faculty, and staff.
In addition to managing Canvas, eLearning also trains faculty and staff in instructional technologies used to deliver online instruction at CPTC.
Fall Quarter 2022
During the Fall Quarter the eLearning Department is open Monday-Friday from 7:30am - 4:30pm. We are available for in-person help, and we are also glad to provide virtual assistance via email, on the phone, or on Zoom/Teams. Stop by the eLearning Department office, or book an appointment online.
For assistance with Canvas, Lockdown Browser and other eLearning questions, contact:
- Cindy Overton, eLearning Support Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-589-4534, or
- LiLi Cutler, Computer Technology Specialist, at email@example.com or 253-589-5820
Faculty and Staff Support
- For assistance with Canvas and other online learning technical support, contact Cindy Overton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-589-4534.
- For assistance with online course design or or curricular development, contact Deb Derylak at email@example.com or 253-589-5730.
Online Student Concern Process
If you have concerns or complaints regarding your e-Learning course, please follow the Student Concerns/Academic Appeal process described in the college catalog. Forms are available at Student Concern Process.
Students residing outside of Washington State and enrolled in distance education courses may submit a complaint with the Washington Student Achievement Council after exhausting the institution’s complaint resolution process. The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) has authority to investigate student complaints against specific schools. WSAC may not be able to investigate every student complaint. Visit https://www.wsac.wa.gov/student-complaints for information regarding the WSAC complaint process.
How to Log In
To log into Canvas, go to the CPTC Canvas login page, at https://www.cptc.edu/lrc/canvas-login.
- All CPTC students, faculty, and staff must log into Canvas with your CPTC email login and password.
- Students, please make sure to set up your CPTC student email before logging into Canvas for the first time! Student emails are specific to CPTC and are different from your personal emails.
Using Lockdown Browser
Some instructors will require the use of a special web browser for taking tests at home. If your instructor requires Lockdown Browser, click on Respondus Lockdown Browser to download and install it on your computer. Lockdown Browser is also installed on computers in the Learning Resource Center, for your use.
Monday-Friday, 7:30am - 4:30pm