Spring Quarter 2023 (April 3 - June 15)
The Computer Lab is open during Spring Quarter from 7:30am - 4:30pm, Monday-Friday.
Visit us in the Learning Resource Center (Bldg. 15) for computer use, technology assistance, printing and scanning services.
The Computer Lab is available for all Clover Park Technical College students during regular Library hours. Computer Lab equipment includes:
- 38 PCs
- 2 Macs
- 7 additional PCs in the Library that may be used for school-related purposes only
- An accessible workstation with assistive technology, including Zoom Text & Zoom Text Keyboard, Dragon speech-to-text software, Jaws 2020, Scansnap Printer, and Bierley Mono Mouse
All computers have internet access as well as access to Library resources such as the ProQuest, EBSCOHost, Ebrary ebooks, Credo Reference and Career Planner online databases. All computers are connected to a printer. Most Library/Lab computers have the following software:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Chrome and Firefox browsers
- Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Hawkes Mathematics
- Adobe Reader
A computer technician is available to assist with general computer or software related questions. Computer technicians and library staff are not experts on all operating systems and software programs but will do their best to assist you.
Staff cannot troubleshoot personal computers, laptops, tablets or other technology devices.
Printing and Scanning
Printers are available in the Computer Lab and the Library. Printing and copying is free for CPTC students, and requires a Papercut account. Please see Computer Lab Tech Staff for help with setting up an account.
The printers also function as scanners. Documents are scanned as a PDF or jpeg and sent to an email account. There is no charge to use the scanner function on the printers but a printing code is required to access the scanning feature. You can also use the new book scanner in the Library!
Student Email and Wi-Fi Support
For help with student email or WiFi, please contact the Computer Lab at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-589-5820.
Online Learning Support
Students who need assistance with Canvas or general online learning support should contact
- Brady Hageman at email@example.com or 253-589-4534, or
- the LRC computer lab at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-589-5820
Free/Low Cost Computing Resources
The CPTC library has a limited number of laptops available for students to borrow every quarter. Please visit the library webpage for more information.
If you need help accessing the technology you need to complete your CPTC program, there are also several local and national resources for low-cost computers and Internet service, as well as technical assistance:
- Green PC: Tacoma's Green PC sells refurbished laptops and desktops, and offers computer repair and e-recycling.
- ConnectAll: Seattle based ConnectAll sells refurbished laptops, desktops, and tablets. Visit their website for registration and eligibility information.
- PCs for People: Online store for low-cost computers and internet, for eligible individuals.
- EveryoneOn: Connects individuals and families to local options for affordable computers and internet.
- Residential internet resource list: The City of Tacoma has compiled a list of low-cost internet resources available throughout the Puget Sound region.
- Drive-in WiFi hotspots: An interactive map of free drive-in WiFi hotspots across Washington State
- TechConnect Washington: Free technology assistance in several languages, including Spanish, Vietnamese, Tigrinya, Afaan Oromoo, Amharic, Sidamo, Wolaytta, or English.