Visit us in the Learning Resource Center (Bldg. 15) for computer use, student technology assistance, and printing, copying, & scanning services.
Fall Quarter 2023 hours (September 25 - December 12):
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30am - 6:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Free/Low Cost Computing Resources
The CPTC library has a limited number of laptops available for students to borrow every quarter. Please visit the library webpage for more information.
If you need help accessing the technology you need to complete your CPTC program, there are also several local and national resources for low-cost computers and Internet service, as well as technical assistance:
- Green PC: Tacoma's Green PC sells refurbished laptops and desktops, and offers computer repair and e-recycling.
- ConnectAll: Seattle based ConnectAll sells refurbished laptops, desktops, and tablets. Visit their website for registration and eligibility information.
- PCs for People: Online store for low-cost computers and internet, for eligible individuals.
- EveryoneOn: Connects individuals and families to local options for affordable computers and internet.
- Residential internet resource list: The City of Tacoma has compiled a list of low-cost internet resources available throughout the Puget Sound region.
- Drive-in WiFi hotspots: An interactive map of free drive-in WiFi hotspots across Washington State
- TechConnect Washington: Free technology assistance in several languages, including Spanish, Vietnamese, Tigrinya, Afaan Oromoo, Amharic, Sidamo, Wolaytta, or English.