Accessible technology includes electronic documents (including emails), websites including Canvas and SharePoint, videos, software applications, and hardware devices used by by students, faculty, staff, and visitors with disabilities.
The CPTC Accessible Technology Committee works to ensure the technologies we choose, use, and create at CPTC are accessible in accordance with WA Policy #188 and federal regulations.
To report a concern related to Accessible Technology at CPTC, or to provide feedback, contact Director of IT Pamela Jeter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The video above uses the term "websites" very broadly to mean anything viewed by an individual online. This video includes stories from individuals who are not able to access class materials (Canvas, 3rd party software), library software, and internal digital materials.
Accessible Technology Training on Campus
For information regarding software procurement, contact Director of IT Pamela Jeter at email@example.com.
Accessible Technology Committee
- Deb Derylak, Learning Resource Center
- Meridith Hatch, Web Technologies & Digital Marketing Manager
- Pamela Jeter, Chair, Director of IT
- Dr. Scott Latiolais, VP of Student Success
- Chris Mahoney, Dean of Instruction
- Brenda McKinney, Manager of Disability and Veterans Services
- Clara Meyer, Program Assistant for Advising and Counseling
- Cindy Overton, eLearning Support Specialist
- Hannah Precour, Dental Assistant Instructor
- Ryan Reygers, Retail Business Management Instructor
- Tracey Songao, Registrar
- Kirk Walker, Chief Human Resources Officer
- ASG Public Relations Officer
2019-20 Accessible Technology Committee Focus Areas
- Seek funding for initiatives in our 2019-2020 Action Plan
- Expand on training and support services for the campus community
- Increase accessibility and usability within our current technologies on campus
- Pursue approval for 3.8 Procedure
- CPTC 2.21 Reasonable Accommodation and Return to Work
- CPTC Policy 3.8 Accessibility Compliance
- CPTC 5.7 Reasonable Accommodations for Students with Disabilities under ADA/504
- WA Policy #188
- RCW 28B.10.910 Students with disabilities—Core services
- RCW 28B.10.912 Students with disabilities—Core services described—Notice of nondiscrimination
- RCW 28B.10.914 Students with disabilities—Accommodation
- RCW 28B.10.916 Supplemental instructional materials for students with print access disability
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- ADA Title I
- ADA Title II