What is Canvas?
Canvas is the online tool that CPTC uses to support your online, hybrid and web-enhanced courses.Use Canvas to view course content, such as course syllabus and handouts, submit assignments, view grades, or participate in online discussions, and take online exams and quizzes.
Students in an online, hybrid or web-enhanced class should have the basic ability to:
- access and navigate websites
- download and upload files
- send attachments
- save and upload files in word processing formats (.doc, or .docx) or other course appropriate formats
- copy and paste text from files on a computer to text boxes within a web browser
Students in an online, hybrid, or enhanced class should have reliable access to:
The Computer Lab in The Learning Resource Center (Building 15) has these resources, to help you complete your coursework.
How to Log In
To log into Canvas, go to the CPTC Canvas login page, at https://www.cptc.edu/lrc/canvas-login.
- All CPTC students, faculty, and staff must log into Canvas with your CPTC email login and password.
- Students, please make sure to set up your CPTC student email before logging into Canvas for the first time! Student emails are specific to CPTC and are different from your personal emails.
Using Lockdown Browser
Some instructors will require the use of a special web browser for taking tests at home. If your instructor requires Lockdown Browser, click on Respondus Lockdown Browser to download and install it on your computer. Lockdown Browser is also installed on computers in the Learning Resource Center, for your use.