What is Title IX?
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 prohibits discrimination based on sex in any educational program or activity that receives financial support from the Federal government. Under Title IX, discrimination based on sex includes sexual harassment, sexual violence, and sexual assault. Title IX also prohibits retaliation against individuals who complain about or participate in an investigation regarding an alleged Title IX violation.
Who do I report concerns to?
The following office has been designated as the college's Title IX coordinator:
Director of Human Resources, 4500 Steilacoom Boulevard S.W., Lakewood, WA 98499.
In non-emergency situations, please report sexual harassment, sexual assault, or any sexual misconduct to the following individual:
Title IX Coordinator,
Chief Human Resources Officer
Clover Park Technical College
4500 Steilacoom Blvd SW, Lakewood, WA 98499
Building 17, Room 230
Title IX Grievance Procedures
- CPTC Policy and Procedure (Policy 2:2)
Clover Park Technical College Campus Safety
- Contact 253-589-5603
Clover Park Technical College Student Counseling Center: 253-589-5548
Lakewood Police Department
- For emergencies, call 911
- Domestic violence helpline 253-498-4116
- Non-emergency line 253-798-4721
Crystal Judson Family Justice Center
- Domestic Violence Helpline 253-798-4166 or 1-800-764-2420
Rebuilding Hope: The Sexual Assault Center for Pierce County
- 24 hour crisis, information, and referral line: 253-474-7273 or 1-800-756-7273
YWCA Pierce County
- 24 hour crisis line: 253-383-2593 or email@example.com