FAFSA/WASFA Workshops held the 1st & 3rd Wednesdays of every month from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm in The Learning Resource Center Bldg. 15 computer lab.
Please bring the following items with you to the workshop:
- Federal Student Aid ID username and password – create one here https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm. Both student and parent must have one if you are a dependent student
- 2018 1040 tax documents for yourself and/or parents
- Documentation of any untaxed income the household receives
- Students will receive a Refund Selection Kit in the mail from BankMobile in order to select a financial aid refund option. BankMobile Vibe Debit Mastercards are only sent to students if they elect to receive their refund through the BankMobile Vibe checking account.
Financial aid funds automatically apply to your tuition when you register for classes each quarter. Financial aid funds are applied to your tuition and fees approximately two weeks before the payment due date.
CPTC does not issue paper financial aid checks. Once your FAFSA is complete and processed by the Department of Education, you will receive a BankMobile Refund Selection Kit in the mail at your home address — it'll be in a bright green envelope from BankMobile that looks like this. Please remember to keep your mailing address updated with the Enrollment Services Office, since the address that appears in your student records file is the address the Refund Selection Kit will be mailed to.
If you are planning on having financial-aid funds of any kind disbursed to you directly, you have a choice on how to receive them. All options require you to have the BankMobile Refund Selection Kit. Here are the three choices:
- DEPOSIT TO AN EXISITING ACCOUNT – Money is transferred to an existing account the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school. Typically, it takes 1 – 2 business days for the receiving bank to credit the money to your account.
- DEPOSIT TO A BANKMOBILE VIBE ACCOUNT – If you open a BankMobile Vibe checking account (upon identity verification), money is deposited the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school.
- PAPER CHECK DELIVERED BY USPS – A check is mailed the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school, provided receipt is within daily cutoff times. Typically, it takes 5 – 7 business days for the check to arrive, depending on USPS First-Class® delivery timeframes
Please familiarize yourself with the fee schedule for the BankMobile Vibe Debit Mastercard in order to avoid unnecessary fees. https://cloverparkpluscard.vibeaccount.com/studentaccount/feeschedules.do
To view our institution's contract with BankMobile a Division of Customer Bank, click here.