Skip to main content

Financial Aid for Washington State Residents

New state law has expanded eligibility for the Washington College Grant to low-income, non-citizen students who meet the program’s eligibility requirements and satisfy the residency criteria below:

  • Meet Washington State residency requirements 
    Students must be Washington residents to pay in-state tuition or get state financial aid. Both U.S. citizens and non-citizens can be Washington residents, including undocumented students.

    In most cases, a Washington resident is someone who 1) lives in the state for one year immediately prior to starting their college or program and 2) has a high school diploma or equivalent. But there are other ways to be a resident. Learn more on WSAC’s Student Residency web page.

  • Sign an affidavit (written promise) to file an application to become a permanent resident of the United States when eligible to apply.*
  • Must meet Washington College Grant Program requirements

*Students granted deferred action for childhood arrival (DACA) must also complete and sign the affidavit.

If you have completed the FAFSA, you have already applied for federal and state financial aid and do not need to complete the WASFA unless your college asks you to.

How to Apply

To apply for the Washington state financial aid, low-income, non-citizen students unable to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) due to immigration status may instead complete the free Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA). To find out more information and start your application today, visit and click on “Start A New WASFA”.

  1. Apply for Admissions to Clover Park Technical College – to follow the steps to enrolling at Clover Park.
    • Students must complete the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) .
      • WASFA must be processed and available to Clover Park to proceed to the next step.
    • Submit the Institutional Form.
    • Complete the Washington Education Residency Affidavit/Declaration/Certification form at the Enrollment Services Office. 

    Note: Eligibility for the Washington College Grant does not guarantee an award, as the grant may be awarded on a funds available basis. The sooner you complete an application, the better chance you have for consideration of grant funds.

    To ensure you are applying on time, and you are meeting all eligibility requirements, please visit the website regularly.

    If you have any questions about your WASFA application, please contact Financial Aid at 253-589-5660.

    CPTC Official Seal

    Copyright © 2024 CPTC - All Rights Reserved | Federal School Code: 015984