Skip to main content
Complete the required COVID-19 Safety Training. Check in at

Student Concerns (Academic)

It is the policy of Clover Park Technical College to provide students with an opportunity to resolve any alleged violation of college academic policy, procedure or regulation, or to resolve any alleged case of inequitable treatment.  The college encourages informal resolution of disputes whenever possible, and also maintains fair and equitable procedures for formally expressing and resolving concerns.  Student rights are protected in the concern/appeal process and the college must ensure that a student will not suffer repercussions because he or she chooses to file a concern/appeal in good faith. 

Academic concerns include the following: grade appeals, inequitable treatment regarding program policies, procedures or processes. 

Submit these concerns to the appropriate dean’s office.  The office will send the concern to the correct person to investigate it.  This will most often be with the Program Director or the Department Chair.  Alternatively, the student can submit the academic concern directly to the director or chair.

If you have concerns or complaints regarding your academic progress, please follow the Student Concerns/Academic Appeal Process.

Forms are available at Student Academic Concern Form and should be turned into the division office (located in Building 19) for the specific program or course. Refer to the Instructional Directory at Instruction Directory by Division/Program for a list of division offices.
(Contact Student Success for concerns regarding behavioral conduct.)

The Student Academic Concern Form and the Student Grade Appeal Form are available here for you to download and fill out. They are also available in the sidebar to the right under "Student Resources."

What is the Process for Filing an Academic Concern?

The process for filing an Academic Concern is available HERE.

Where Should I Go to File a Concern or Complaint?

The process for filing a General Concern or Complaint is available HERE.


Keywords: complaint, concern, concern process, student concern, student concern process, appeal, academic appeal, grade, grade appeal