CPTC is here to help you with a variety of support options.
College operations have expanded and are now available virtually and in-person. Faculty and staff are available to answer your questions and provide services in a safe manner to help ensure your success.
Trouble finding the info you need? Please email email@example.com.
Virtual and remote services remain the preferred method for meetings.
- Phone call, video chat, and email are the no-contact methods of choice.
- CPTC uses Zoom and Teams for video meetings.
- In-person, drop-in services are available from 8 am to 5 pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for these offices:
- Disability Resources
- Enrollment Services
- Student Aid & Scholarships (Financial Aid)
- Veterans Business Office
- The Welcome Center (Admissions)
- In-person, by-appointment-only meetings are available to schedule up to two weeks in advance with:
- Advising & Counseling
- Disability Resources
- Workforce Development
Click on the departmental listing below for each office's availability, scheduling options, and contact methods.
Visit the How Classes are Taught page for each program's teaching and admissions status.
The Welcome Center is the office location of Entry Services staff, who are here to help you apply to CPTC, answer general questions about admissions, get you started, and introduce you to campus.
For assistance with academic and career planning. Select the program's advisor below. Get all details at www.cptc.edu/advising.
Contact Kemble Bray, Jr. for:
- Human Services
- Early Care and Education
Contact Kevin Kildun for:
- Central Service/Sterile Processing
- Computer Applications
- Dental Assistant
- Health Unit Coordinator
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Histology Technician
- Medical Lab Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Running Start
- Surgical Technology
Contact Taylor McGovern for:
- Automotive Collision Technician
- Auto Restoration
- Auto Technician
- Bachelors in Operations Management
- Bachelors in Mechatronics Engineering Technology
- Construction Technology/Residential Construction
- Electrician Low Voltage
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning
- Manufacturing Technologies
- Non-Destructive Testing
Contact Annemarie Solbrack for:
- Architectural Engineering
- Bachelor in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor in Interior Design
- Computer Programming
- Digital Entertainment and Design
- Environmental Sciences
- Graphic Technologies
- Interior Design
- Network Operations & Systems Security
Contact Carrie Van Beek for:
- Aviation Maintenance
- Culinary Arts
- Esthetic Sciences
- Pastry Arts
- Professional Pilot
- Retail Management
For help with financial aid, work study, loans, and FAFSA/WAFSA
- firstname.lastname@example.org | 253-589-5660
- In-person, drop-in appointments are available for Student Aid from 8:00 am to 5 pm, Monday thru Thursday.
- Drop-in Zoom lobby available 10 am to 2 pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- In person drop-in: 8 am to 5 pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- Financial Aid & Scholarships webpage
Open during the quarter for help with Math, English, and other coursework and general study skills
Workforce Development is dedicated to the creation, implementation, and facilitation of quality short-term educational programs, funding opportunities, and student-centered supports by being responsive to business/industry and community needs.
- In-person by appointment M-Th 7:30am - 4:30pm, closed Fridays
- Zoom appointments available Monday through Thursday
- Workforce Development webpage
ADVISING/COUNSELING for education plans, transition plans, funding, and personal counseling.
WORKER RETRAINING funding and supports, pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship programs help
ELIGIBILITY: Assistance for new and continuing students interested in or receiving, BFET, WorkFirst, Opportunity Grant, and DSHS compliance/ participation.
New Student Orientation Sessions are held 10 am to 11 am on Wednesdays