Student email is now Office 365 (O365)!
Your free and required email account is compliments of Clover Park Technical College. Using your student email will help you keep up-to-date on Clover Park Technical College information and events as well as communicate with faculty and other Clover Park Tech students.
Your college issued email address is also your log in for the college network. Your account and e-mail should be ready within two (2) business days of your application acceptance.
All college correspondence will be sent to your college issued email address and you are responsible to check your account regularly.
If you wish to use your student email with a mobile phone, please follow the instructions for setting up your CPTC email on your mobile phone:
Your student email account is managed in Microsoft O365. You can download the Microsoft Outlook app from Microsoft store, Google Playstore or iOS app store, depending on which model of phone you are using. For additional information or to download, please visit Microsoft's Outlook download page and follow instructions on how to configure your smartphone to access your CPTC student e-mail account.
For additional help, contact the Learning Resource Center Help Desk, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at 253-589-5820.
Accessing Your Email Account
Accessing your mailbox requires a username and password.
Step 1: New Email Accounts
Your free and required CPTC student email account is created automatically within one business day of your application acceptance. Instructions for setting up your account are sent to the email address you provided the college at the time of admission. Accessing your mailbox requires a username and password. To set up your student email, follow these steps:
Go to CPTC Student Email.
Enter Username and Password according to these guidelines:
1. Until you have changed your O365 password, you will not be able to use Wifi services on campus. Changing this password is what also enables you to use Wifi.
2. Username: Student username is composed of your last name (in lowercase letters) as recorded in the Registrar's office, the last four digits of your CPTC Student ID number (not your social security number), and followed by “@students.cptc.edu". ie; email@example.com (Last Name: smith, SID: 975861234).
- The maximum last name length is 16 characters, so if your name exceeds this, it will be reduced to 16 characters.
- If your last name is hyphenated, it will include the hyphen (smith-torres1234).
3. Password format: cptcddMmmyyyy Example: a student who was born on June 10, 1999, their password would be: cptc10Jun1999 (letters are all lowercase, except for the first letter of the 3 character month).
4. If you experience difficulty logging in, please check your records to verify that your last name and date of birth as recorded with the Registrar’s Office are accurate.
We recommend unchecking the option to stay signed in. Activating this option allows anyone using that computer to access your account.
Step 2: Change Your Password
We recommend that you immediately change your password to prevent misuse of your account. To change your password, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your student email account.
2. Go to your inbox.
3. Click on your username in the top-right corner.
4. Click “Account.”
5. Click “Security.”
6. Click “Change Password.”
7. Enter your current and new passwords – your new password must be at least 10 characters.
8. Click “Change Password.”
Step 3: Log In
Use your student email address to log in to computers on campus, and to access your email with your Office 365 account.
For more help:
If you're still having problems setting up your student email account, please contact the Learning Resource Center Help Desk at 253-589-5820 Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m..
Reset your O365 password
You will be prompted to change your password upon your first login, along with setting up password self-recovery options. If you you’re your old password, you may change your password at any time by following the directions below.
- Go to your inbox.
- Click on your username in the top-right corner
- Click "View Account."
- Click "Password."
- Enter your current and new passwords — your new password must be at least 8 characters.
- Click "Submit".
If you have forgotten your password, visit the Microsoft Password Reset page to reset it.
For more help:
If you're still having problems setting up your student email account, please contact the Learning Resource Center Help Desk at 253-589-5820 Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Click here to log into your Gmail account (applies only to students who have been enrolled in classes prior to Summer 2021). Please note that all official CPTC communications are now sent to O365 email addresses.