Skip to main content
1 - Inclusive Culture and Campus Climate
Cultivate and foster an inclusive environment, where all feel welcome, safe, and a sense of belonging.
- Promote opportunities for the college community to weigh in on and stay informed about policy and programming decisions.
- Implement a People of Color (POC) caucus, to create a safe and inclusive space where faculty and staff can build affinity and collectively use their voice.
- Provide continuous in-depth Culturally Responsive, Unconscious Bias and Racial Equity training, as a mandatory College-wide effort.
- Provide workshops and professional development opportunities for team building, crucial conversations, and dismantling inappropriate conversations, teaching practices, and culturally insensitive remarks,
2 - Equity, Access, and Engagement
Actively seek to dismantle systemic inequities and close the opportunity/achievement gap.
- Identify and remedy barriers contributing to lower retention rates for historically marginalized groups. Collaboratively develop best practice strategies for increasing retention and completion of underrepresented students.
- Provide support in implementing EDI goals in every division to improve student outcomes.
- Develop an Equity Tool to help guide and inform institutional decision-making processes, policy creation, policy review, programming, and interventions.
- Develop and embed EDI into curriculum and instructional practices (e.g., diversity designation policy and inclusive pedagogy)
3 - Faculty and Staff Diversity
Increase and retain a diverse workforce that reflects our college’s student body and surrounding communities.
- Embed EDI competencies into the hiring process, criteria, evaluation of applicants, onboarding, and retention.
- Implement mandatory Inclusive Hiring Practices training for hiring committees and managers.
- Implement Employee Resource Groups to build workforce engagement.
- Strengthen partnerships with community-based organizations that provide services to underrepresented populations within our service area.