Skip to main content

Workforce Education

Register for Professional/Career Development Non-degree Programs

Career & Community Services assists workers by offering hundreds of non-degree, professional & career development opportunities. A small number of these programs are listed on the Washington Career Bride Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL). We also offer a small number of face-to-face and hybrid (partially online with some face-to-face class time) courses.

How you register depends on:

  • The course/program mode (face-to-face, hybrid, or fully online)
  • How you will pay (cash, credit card, third-party payment, in one payment or in installments)
  • Whether your program is required to be listed on the state’s ETPL

Registering in Face-to-Face or Hybrid Courses/Programs

  1. Set up your account
  2. Find your class and add it to your cart
  3. Make your payment with a Visa or MasterCard debit or Credit Card (see below for instructions for cash, third-party payments, a card other than Visa or MasterCard, or if you wish to register in person)

Face-to-face and hybrid courses must be paid in full at the time of registration to reserve a seat. When making your payment, please be sure that the payor information (name and address) matches the information your bank has on file.

Registering in Online Career Training Programs, 3rd-Party Payment, and/or Training Benefits Applicants

Contact Career & Community Services BEFORE enrolling. Send an email to or call 253-589-5839. Provide the following information:

  1. Your name, phone number, email address
  2. The course/program name and code number (e.g., GES1015 or MDG2493)
  3. If you are applying for training benefits (we strongly urge you to speak with the Career & Community Service office BEFORE submitting this application)
  4. Your funding source (e.g., WIOA, L&I, DVR, your employer, scholarship, or personal funds)
  5. Your preferred start date (availability of funding determines your start date for open enrollment, fully online programs)

Please note that non-degree programs currently are NOT eligible for federal financial aid or Worker Retraining. So, you are not required to complete a FAFSA if you plan to enroll in a non-degree program.

Registering by Phone or In Person with Cash

  1. If you need assistance registering we are happy to help. Please call 253-589-5839. Payment is required to hold a seat.
  2. If you wish to register and make your payment in person, it is best to schedule an appointment at least 2-3 business days before the class start date.
  3. You must be enrolled by the Career & Community Services Office prior to making your payment with the cashier.
  4. Cash payments must be made at the Cashier Office on the Lakewood Campus in building 17, between 7:30 am and 4:30 pm Monday through Thursday.

CPTC Official Seal

Copyright © 2024 CPTC - All Rights Reserved | Federal School Code: 015984