Why Choose the Medical Histology Technician Program?
Medical histology technicians study abnormal or pathological tissues by slicing and staining sections of human tissue for microscopic examination. Our program stresses practical application and the development of job skills, as well as medical histotechnology theory, and is designed to enhance students' abilities to reason, understand, and apply correct principles by teaching analytical and critical thinking skills.
The program balances classroom and lab work with time spent in a clinical rotation and provides a strong theoretical foundation to benefit both new entrants into the field and incumbent workers while preparing students to sit for the National Board Certification Exam.
If you enjoy science, microscopic examination and helping people, this program and career path may be the perfect fit.
How Long It Takes:
The Medical Histology program's current three-year averages:
- Pass rate on the national certification exam is 96%
- Average employment placement is 97%
- Graduation rate is 95%
All program lengths are estimates and are not guarantees.
The Clover Park Technical College Medical Histology program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
5600 N. River Rd, Suite 720
Rosemont, IL 60018
Median annual pay in Washington:
$54,450 per year
This is not a guarantee of employment or a certain wage. Full career data available at careerinfo.net.
NAACLS requires the publishing of program outcomes for the last 3 consecutive years. The benchmarks which must be met to retain accreditation are:
- Graduation rates – NAACLS requires that 70% of students who begin the final half of the program successfully graduate.
- ASCP Board of Certification Exam Pass rates – NAACLS requires that 75% or greater pass rate required
- Graduate Placement rates – NAACLS requires that 70% of graduates either find employment in the field or closely related field (for those who seek employment) or continue their education with one year.
|CPTC Program Benchmarks:||2016||2017||2018||3 Year Average|
|ASCP HT Cert. Exam Pass Rate||93%||92%||100%*||95%*|
|Graduate Placement Rate||100%||83%||93%||92%|
*2018 grads have not all completed testing. This info will be updated until testing is complete for this cohort.
Request More Info:
Meet Your Instructors
Rebecca L. Haggerty HT ASCP
To learn more about information sessions, visit cptc.edu/info-sessions.
Visit the Academic Calendar at cptc.edu/academic-calendar to see when the next information session is scheduled.