Why Choose the Bachelor of Applied Science in Cybersecurity?
CPTC’s Bachelor of Applied Science in Cybersecurity (BAS-C) degree has been designed to meet the needs of students who want to become cybersecurity practitioners. Graduates would be candidates for positions as an Information System Security Officer, Penetration Tester, or Security Analyst.
In the BAS-C program, the approach to learning cybersecurity uses hands on tools in a realistic, practical context. Students will graduate with a practical understanding of cybersecurity concepts as well as experience with a current set of tools.
This degree is offered in a hybrid format with evening and weekend meetings to accommodate working adults.
Upon successful completion of the Bachelor of Applied Science in Cybersecurity, students will be able to:
- Assess the cyber risk of an information system and recommend mitigation.
- Analyze identified malicious activity in order to mitigate effects and recommend security improvements.
- Create a cybersecurity vulnerability assessment of a small to medium business.
- Evaluate the security practices of an application/ IT project development team at any point in the system lifecycle
- Implement security software or hardware.
- Research offensive and defensive cybersecurity trends and tools.
- Evaluate cloud security in public, private, and hybrid environments.
How Long It Takes:
All program lengths are estimates and are not guarantees.
A typical full-time student will complete the program in an estimate of 18 months. Half-time students should anticipate completion in an estimated 36 months. Full time students should plan to dedicate 45 hours per week to the program.
Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer Quarters
Information Security Analyst
This is not a guarantee of employment or a certain wage. Full career data available at careeronestop.org.
Find your timeline and learning plan with Program Maps.
Understand program costs, Tuition and Fees.
Learn more ways to Pay for CPTC.
Have more questions? Request more info
Meet Your Instructors
Jeff has degrees in Information Systems Application and Management. In the military, he worked at every level of security, from practitioner to program manager. He’s been a systems administrator, webmaster, and online course developer. His certifications include A+, Linux+, and the CCNA. He is CPTC's certified Cisco CCNA instructor.
Bachelor of Applied Science in Cybersecurity Program Information Sessions usually occur at 3 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month.
To learn more about information sessions, visit cptc.edu/info-sessions.
Visit the Academic Calendar at cptc.edu/academic-calendar to see when the next information session is scheduled.