To respond to the enrollment of a registered sexual offender (RSO) at Clover Park Technical
College, pursuant to RCW 4.24.550, Sex Offender and Kidnapping Offenders – Release of
Information to the Public, the Office of the Vice President for Student Success will provide
timely and appropriate notification to campus of the presence of an RSO. This notification shall
be in such a manner that maintains safety and welfare of students and staff with minimal
disruption to the campus.
- RSOs are required to inform the Pierce County Sherriff’s office and the Office of the Vice President for Student Success of their intent to enroll at Clover Park Technical College.
- The Dean of Student Success and/or the Vice President for Student Success will meet with the RSO to assess risk, establish a safety plan, and inform the offender of the notification policy.
- Enrollment will be monitored quarterly to ensure the safety plan is being followed.
- The Office of the Vice President for Student Success will publicly disclose relevant and necessary information. The extent of the public disclosure shall be directly related to:
- The level of risk posed by the offender to the community.
- The locations where the offender resides, expects to reside or is regularly found.
- The needs of the affected community members for information to enhance their individual and collective safety.
In the case of an offender self-disclosing to a college employee, the employee shall notify the
Office of the Vice President for Student Success.
Pursuant to RCW 4.24.550, public employees and/or public agencies are immune from civil
liability for damages for any discretionary decisions or release of relevant and necessary
information regarding any individual for whom disclosure is authorized, unless it is shown
that the employee or agency acted with gross negligence or in bad faith.