Skip to main content

Financially Dependent

You are a dependent student if you are under the age of 25, unmarried, and one or both of your parents or legal guardians have claimed you as a dependent on their most recent federal tax return.

To qualify as a financially dependent resident student, one or both of your parents or legal guardians must have maintained a bona fide domicile in the State of Washington for at least 12 consecutive months prior to start of the quarter for which you wish to enroll.


  1. Complete the . The student will need to complete Sections 1 and 2 of the Form and a parent or legal guardian will complete Section 3. Both you and your parent or legal guardian must sign the "Statement of Intent" and "Certification" portion of the form.
  2. Submit the following supporting documents along with the questionnaire form. Documents listed below should be of the parent or legal guardian.
  • Most recent federal tax return showing student as a dependent (first and signature pages only, financial disclosure information is not required and may be “blocked out” if preferred)
  • Washington State driver’s license or Washington State ID card
  • Washington State vehicle registration (if you own a vehicle)
  • Washington State voter’s registration (if you vote)
  • Domicile documentation showing physical residence in Washington for the past 12 months; i.e. rental or lease agreement, home owner's documentation, home mortgage payment, notarized letter from landlord or Affidavit of Residence, water bill, or electric/gas bill - bill must show service for a 12-month period and may require submitting more than one statement to show 12-month service. (required)
  • Immigration documentation (if parent or legal guardian is not a U.S. citizen)
  • Court-appointed documentation (if legal guardian)

CPTC Official Seal

Copyright © 2023 CPTC - All Rights Reserved | Federal School Code: 015984