Early Achievers is a financial aid program that assists students that are employed child care providers in early learning and are pursuing a certificate or degree in early childhood education.
In order to be eligible for the Early Achievers grant, a student must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be a Washington state resident or have a valid work visa.
- Be employed as a child care provider at a child care center, family child care business or Head Start/ECEAP program that is actively participating in the Department of Early Learning’s Early Achievers.
- Work a minimum of 10 hours a week or 40 hours a month at an eligible child care program.
- Have worked in the eligible program for a minimum of three months.
- Intend to enroll in an approved Early Childhood Education program at the college.
- Make a formal application to the college.