Running Start is a statewide community and technical college program where high school juniors and seniors take college courses for both high-school and college credit. If you have chosen a career direction and can benefit from college instruction, Running Start at Clover Park Technical College may be right for you.
Running Start students are held to the same expectations as all other college students. Attendance, participation, behavior and quality of work must meet college standards.
Running Start tuition is typically free for area high-school students, but there is a cap to the amount of free tuition. Running Start students pay normal CPTC fees for books, tools, laboratory fees, consumables and transportation. During summer quarter, however, high-school students pay adult tuition and fees.
The first step in enrolling for Running Start is meeting with the Running Start advisor to begin the paperwork.
Please contact Kevin Kildun at 253-589-5701 or via email Kevin.Kildun@cptc.edu to get started.
Running Start Eligibility
To qualify for Running Start, you have to...
- Be between ages 16 and 21
- Be a junior or senior in high school
- Meet minimum ACCUPLACER test scores
- Be identified as eligible by your school
For more information, contact Kevin Kildun, 253-589-5701, email@example.com.
Programs Running Start Students Are Eligible For
- Advanced Composite Cert (must be at least 17 to begin)
- Architectural Engineering Design
- Associate of Pre-Nursing
- Associate of Technology
- Automotive Technician
- Automotive Collision Technician
- Aviation Maintenance Technician
- Central Service/Sterile Processing (must be at least 17 ½ to begin)
- Computer Information Technology
- Computer Networking & Information Systems Security
- Culinary Arts
- Digital Entertainment and Design
- Early Care & Education (evening availability)
- Electrician Low Voltage Fire/Security
- Environmental Science
- Esthetic Sciences
- Graphic Technologies
- Health Unit Coordinator (must be at least 17 ½ to begin)
- Heating & Air Conditioning Refrigeration/Service Technician
- Interior Design
- Manufacturing Technologies
- Massage Studies (evening availability)
- Mechatronics (must be at least 17 ½ to begin)
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Nursing Assistant Certificate
- Pastry Arts
- Professional Pilot (must be at least 16 ½ to begin)
- Retail Business Management (online only)
- Construction Technology
- Welding (evening availability)