The Advising and Counseling Office provides support and direction to help students meet their academic and career goals.
CPTC Counselor/Advisors provide the following services:
- Academic advising and educational planning
- Career exploration resources and information
- Brief personal counseling on issues affecting a student’s success, e.g. stress management, time management, study skills and adjusting to college
- Information regarding campus and community resources
Note: For mental health emergencies, contact the Pierce County Crisis Line at 1-800-576-7764 or call 911.
The Advising and Counseling Office provides both appointments and walk-in times to assist students. Please call 253-589-5548 in advance to check our walk-in times and available appointments for the week. We're happy to help you explore what CPTC has to offer, and we look forward to working with you.
I earned my BA in Psychology from Western WA University and developed a strong interest in working with high school students. I received my Master’s degree in Education from City University with a focus in Guidance and Counseling. After working with high school age students for a few years, I really became interested in going to the next level of education. I began my first Academic Advising position at Highline Community College in 2010. I worked with Pre-Nursing students and also assisted with their Running Start orientations. I was drawn my current position at Clover Park because I wanted to work more specifically with Running Start students. In addition to being the Running Start Advisor/Counselor here, I also advise for the Allied Health programs on campus.
- Running Start
- Central Service/Sterile Processing
- Computer Applications
- Core Allied Health
- Dental Assistant
- Health Unit Coordinator
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Histology Technician
- Medical Lab Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Surgical Technology
As a student at Pacific Lutheran University I developed an interest in working in higher education. Through a variety of professional experiences I was able to work for a non-profit TRiO grant that gave me a front row of what working in higher education was all about. In 2008 I joined the Clover Park Technical College Advising & Counseling team. I enjoy helping students reach their educational goals and seeing them succeed.
- Automotive Collision Technician
- Auto Restoration
- Auto Technician
- Electrician Low Voltage
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
- Manufacturing Technologies
- Construction Technology/Residential Construction
- Early Care and Education
- Daycare Centers
- Human Services
- Leadership/Service Learning
- Technology DTA
I have a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, and I completed my Master of Arts in Education with a specialization in Counseling from Seattle University. I chose to work in higher education because I believe that education provides opportunities to empower people to change their lives for the better. I have been a Counselor/Advisor at Clover Park Technical College since 2008 and I enjoy being a part of supporting students in completing their academic and career goals.
- Nursing Assistant
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Architectural Engineering
- Computer Programming & Web Development
- Computer Networking & Information Systems Security
- Environmental Sciences
- Graphic Technologies
- Interior Design
- Digital Entertainment and Design
I have a Bachelor of Science in Community Health specialization Chemical Dependency from Central Washington University and a Masters of Arts in Psychology emphasis in Counseling from Chapman University. My education has allowed me the opportunity to work with people in need as well as teach within the Community and Technical College setting. In 2007 I decided to combine my experience and started working at Clover Park Technical College. Here I am able to offer educational advising as well as personal counseling. CPTC is a place that allows students to grab a hold of their new future that has no boundaries- Sky's the limit! I am very fortunate to be a part of that.
- Advanced Composites
- Aviation Maintenance
- Material Science-Non Destructive Testing
- Professional Pilot
- Esthetic Sciences
- Massage Practitioner
- Pastry Arts
- Retail Management
- Culinary Arts
After completing my Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy at Pacific Lutheran University and obtaining my Chemical Dependency Certification, I worked in a variety of settings ranging from the K-12 system to community mental health. I was drawn into higher education when I was able to utilize my counseling and education experiences to assist students with achieving their goals. Believing education provides unlimited possibilities, I enjoy being a positive and encouraging support along the way.
- Educational planning, including transition, graduation and transfer assistance provided
- Advocacy —dedicated to student success and can provide resource assistance, referrals, barrier removal, and assistance navigating WorkFirst and Worker Retraining program requirements
- Brief personal and crisis counseling as needed