A new state law has expanded eligibility for the Washington State Need Grant& to low-income, non-citizen students who meet the program’s eligibility requirements and satisfy the residency criteria below:
- Have graduated from a Washington high school or obtained a GED® (or will do so before beginning college).
- Have lived in Washington for three years prior to, and continuously since, earning the high school diploma or equivalent.
- Sign an affidavit (written promise) to file an application to become a permanent resident of the United States when eligible to apply.
How to Apply
To apply for the State Need Grant, low-income, non-citizen students unable to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) due to immigration status may instead complete the free Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA). To find out more information and start your application today, visit www.readysetgrad.org/wasfa and click on “Start A New WASFA”.
- Student must complete the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) – www.readysetgrad.org.
- WASFA must be processed and available to Clover Park to proceed to next step.
- Submit the 14/15 Financial Aid Data Sheet – www.cptc.edu/money/forms.
- Apply for Admissions to an eligible program of study – www.cptc.edu/apply to follow the steps to enrolling at Clover Park.
- Complete the Washington Education Residency Affidavit/Declaration/Certification form at the Enrollment Services Office.
Note: Eligibility for the State Need Grant does not guarantee an award, as the grant is awarded on a funds-available basis. The sooner you complete an application, the better chance you have for consideration of limited State Need Grant funds.