Skip to main content

Both campuses will be closed on March 28th for Staff Professional Development.
There will be no program info sessions or night operations on this day.

Fee Policy

5.4 Fee Policy
Year Adopted


Quarterly Payment Schedule

Student fees are due by the quarterly drop dates which are approximately 4 weeks prior to the start of each quarter. Students registering after the drop date must pay at the time of registration.


Quarterly – Students with outstanding balances as of the quarterly drop date are withdrawn and space available registration is conducted the following Monday to fill openings.

Weekly – Since the College has many open enrollment programs, student fees are monitored weekly. Students with outstanding balances are withdrawn each Friday, and are notified by mail. Faculty are notified via campus mail of the student’s status.

Exceptions – Exceptions for extenuating circumstances require approval by the Vice President of Budget and Finance or Instruction or Student Services. Record of the approval will become part of the student’s file in Student Records.

Status Changes Effecting Fees


Running Start and Elective High School students are responsible for the quarterly prorated share of tuition due on the date of their change to adult status. For most students this is the first day of summer quarter. A change to adult status occurs when a student:

  • has met high school graduation requirements
  • is enrolled the first day of summer quarter after reaching age 21.
  • Continuing Running Start and Elective High School students are reported as adult status for the summer quarter only and are required to pay tuition unless they have submitted all paperwork for continued fall enrollment.

Students who increase their enrollment from part-time to full-time will pay the prorated tuition and fees increase from the date of the status change. Students who decrease their enrollment from full-time to part-time will be issued a refund in accordance with College refund policy.


Transfer of prorated tuition and fees from one preparatory program to another may be made at any time during the quarter if both instructors agree the transfer is in the best interest of the student. A Transfer and Pro-ration of Fees form, signed by both instructors and division dean(s) must be accompanied by the Official/Add Withdrawal form indicating the students last day in their old program and their first day in the new program. All forms must be sent to Student Records.

Financial Aid - Return of Title IV Aid/Refunds


Students who receive Title IV aid (Federal Pell, Federal EOG, Federal Subsidized and/or Federal Unsubsidized Stafford loans and PLUS) and withdraw from school are subject to the Return of Title IV aid regulations. (Federal law now requires that a student must “earn” the aid that they receive.) When a student withdraws from school, the college is required to determine the amount “earned” using the Return of Title IV regulations. This calculation is based on the number of hours the student attended divided by the number of hours for which the aid was disbursed.

If the student completes more than 60% of the hours, it is determined that all the aid has been earned. If a student completes 60% or less of the hours in a given payment period, the earned and unearned portion will be calculated.

The “unearned” portion of the tuition will be returned to the appropriate Title IV program. The college will then bill the student for the amount of tuition that was returned in excess of the college’s refund policy. The “unearned” portion of the aid that was disbursed directly to the student will also be calculated. If applicable, the student will owe repayment to the Title IV programs. The student will receive an overpayment letter and will be given 45 days to make the repayment. The student will be ineligible for further Title IV aid until the funds are repaid or satisfactory payment arrangements have been made with the Department of Education.

Repayment of State grant aid is also calculated for any student completing 60% or less of the hours in a given payment period.

It is extremely important to work with the financial aid office if a student must withdraw from school. Withdrawing before completing 60% of the hours in the payment period can have a significant financial impact on the student.


Refunds for financial aid recipients who do not receive Title IV aid, will be issued in accordance with the College’s refund policy as stated on the college registration form and in the catalog.

Distribution of Refunds, Repayments, and Return of Title IV Funds

Funds will be returned/refunded in the following order:

  • Federal Family Education Loan Programs
  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant
  • State Need Grant
  • Other Programs providing aid
  • The student