The Board shall govern the College through appointment of a qualified President, policy oversight, and establishment of the vision, mission, and direction of the College. The specific responsibilities of the Board are:
- Select and regularly evaluate a chief executive officer who is accountable for the operation of the institution.
- Oversee a process for the ongoing review of College policies.
- Review and approve changes to the vision, mission, and direction of the College.
- Review tenure candidates and award tenure to appropriately qualified candidates
- Monitor the College's performance.
- Promote a positive image for the College.
- Serve as a link between the College and the community.
- Participate in local, regional, state and national Trustees events.
- Regularly evaluate Board processes and performance.
- Act only as a committee of the whole with no member or subcommittee of the Board acting on behalf of the Board, except by formal delegation of authority by the Governing Board as a whole.