The Board of Trustees functions in a legislative and advisory manner. In accordance with RCW 28B.l0.528, the Board of Trustees delegates to the President of Clover Park Technical College all powers and duties and all expressed or implied authority to carry out the administration and operation of Clover Park Technical College.
The Board retains the authority to:
- Employ the President and fix his/ her duties, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment
- Award or deny tenure, and to act on each recommendation of a review committee regarding dismissal of a tenured faculty member
- Approve or recommend approval of a request by an officer or employee for defense, representation, and/or indemnification in any legal action
- Adopt, amend, or repeal rules pursuant to the Administrative Procedure Act, RCW Chapter 34.05
- Approve the College's annual operating budget