You are a dependent student if you are under the age of 25, unmarried, and one or both of your parents or legal guardians have claimed you as a dependent on their most recent federal tax return.
To qualify as a financially dependent resident student, one or both of your parents or legal guardians must have maintained a bona fide domicile in the State of Washington for at least 12 consecutive months prior to start of the quarter for which you wish to enroll.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Complete the Residence Questionnaire Form. The student will need to complete Sections 1 and 2 of the Form and a parent or legal guardian will complete Section 3. Both you and your parent or legal guardian must sign the "Statement of Intent" and "Certification" portion of the form.
- Submit the following supporting documents along with the questionnaire form. Documents listed below should be of the parent or legal guardian.
- Most recent federal tax return showing student as a dependent (first and signature pages only, financial disclosure information is not required and may be “blocked out” if preferred)
- Washington State driver’s license or Washington State ID card
- Washington State vehicle registration (if you own a vehicle)
- Washington State voter’s registration (if you vote)
- Domicile documentation showing physical residence in Washington for the past 12 months; i.e. rental or lease agreement, home owner's documentation, home mortgage payment, notarized letter from landlord or Affidavit of Residence, water bill, or electric/gas bill - bill must show service for a 12-month period and may require submitting more than one statement to show 12-month service. (required)
- Immigration documentation (if parent or legal guardian is not a U.S. citizen)
- Court-appointed documentation (if legal guardian)