When funding is available, emergency assistance through Simon’s Fund may help students meet emergency financial needs that would prevent students from continuing their education.
Simon’s Fund is coordinated through the Advising and Counseling Office. Please contact Kristen Bate in Building 17, Room 150, or at 253-589-5548 if you have questions or to turn in an application.
Emergency funds have been donated to Simon’s Fund by individuals and organizations interested in breaking down barriers to student success.
- Simon’s Fund will cover emergency needs (rent, utilities, medical bills, etc.) up to $250 per quarter with a maximum of $500 per calendar year.
- Checks will be made payable to the company owed.
- Applicants are expected to explore all other sources for assistance before requesting assistance; this should be considered a last resort option.
- First-time recipients are required to participate in a financial literary class (available online).
- Individuals on Financial Aid Suspension due to grades will be considered on a case-by-case basis, with close consideration between Financial Aid and Advising and Counseling offices.
- Simon’s Fund may not be used for tuition, books or supplies. Please apply for Financial Aid and scholarships to help with these expenses.
- Simon’s Fund recipients will be provided with a thank you card to be completed for the Foundation Board.
- Simon’s Fund is not required to be paid back.
Download the Application
Emergency Temporary Grant
Emergency temporary grant funds help meet emergency education funding needs that would prevent students from continuing their education. Temporary grants must be repaid.
Emergency temporary grants are coordinated through the Advising and Counseling Office. Please contact Kristen Bate in Building 17, Room 150, or at 253-589-5548 if you have questions or to turn in an application.
Emergency temporary grant funds have been made available by the Foundation Board of Directors through donations made to meet emerging needs.
- Emergency Temporary Grants will cover emergency education needs up to $500 per quarter.
- Funds may only be used for tuition, books or program supplies.
- The intent of an emergency temporary grant is to provide short-term funding assistance for students awaiting other verifiable funding (VA, scholarships, etc.).
- All funds must be repaid by the end of the quarter in which the funds are received.
- A financial hold will be placed on the student record until the temporary grant funds are repaid.
- Repayment can be made in one lump sum or through scheduled payments. Repayment is made to the CPTC Foundation.
- Recipients will be provided with a thank you card to be completed for the Foundation Board.
Download the Application