In addition to the data dashboards, summary reports are generated internally in response to special requests, ongoing needs from the Cabinet, Strategic Enrollment Planning Council (SEPC), Retention or Curriculum committees, or to satisfy state or federal reporting requirements. Reports may be generated solely by the department, produced by the State Board of Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC), or in response to data submitted for Federal reporting, e.g., Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS.)
Department reports may include data from the production database, known as the Student Management System (SMS) or through tables extracted from the SBCTC Data Warehouse, depending on the need, data requirements or availability of timely information. When ‘official’ state counts are requested, information from SBCTC is provided, since these data are used by the Washington State Board to monitor compliance and to disperse resource allocations to each of the 34 community and technical colleges in the State.
Links to SBCTC’s current and historical reports on Allocation Monitoring , Enrollment Monitoring,. Fall Quarter Enrollment and Staffing, Annual Enrollment Summaries, and Academic Year Reports include data on student and staff demographics, full-time and part-time status, FTE and headcount, state and contract supported course enrollments, student achievement and success, student/faculty ratios, programs and completions, facilities, staff and expenditures. Depending on the type of request and availability of data, this information should be used when ‘official’ statistics are needed.
- Enrollment Research Report: The Impact of Program Closures on Headcount, FTE, and Institutional Efficiency
Washington State Board Community and Technical College Reports
- SBCTC Academic Year Reports
- SBCTC Annual Enrollment Summary Reports (includes Allocation & Enrollment Monitoring)
- SBCTC Annual Reports
- SBCTC Data Warehouse Data Definitions
- SBCTC Fall Quarter Enrollment and Staffing Report
- SBCTC Special Research Reports
- SBCTC Student Achievement Reports
- SBCTC Student FTE, Faculty FTE, and Student to Faculty Ratios