Enrollment Questions? Attend the next Get Started workshop.
Learn about the STEPS to Enrollment, financial aid, and other resources. Questions? Call Admissions at 253-589-5569.
All Get Started workshops are held every 2nd and 4th Wednesday from 4pm - 5pm in Bldg 23, Rm 209 unless otherwise noted.
2017 - 2018 Get Started workshops
*These workshops will be held in Bldg 17, Rm 260
Steps to Enrollment
Click each step for more information.
- Go to www.cptc.edu/apply to complete your online application.
- Upon acceptance, you will receive an email that includes your next steps to becoming a CPTC student. If you do not have an email, a letter will be sent to your home address.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible at www.fafsa.ed.gov. You will be prompted to create an FSA ID for yourself and/or a parent that will act as an electronic signature on the FAFSA (CPTC's college code is 015984).
- Check FAFSA status on the financial aid portal (www.cptc.edu/financial-aid/portal) and submit all additional financial aid paperwork to the Financial Aid Office by the deadline for the quarter you plan to attend.
- Explore other funding options to pay for college at www.cptc.edu/pay-for-cptc.
- If you are a DREAMer student go to www.readysetgrad.org/wasfa.
If you have attended college before, submit official college transcripts to Enrollment Services in Bldg 17 to receive a course transfer report. (Note: Transcript evaluation can take 2-3 weeks to post transfer credit. Placement scores may be set from an unofficial transcript and are usually set within 2-3 business days.) www.cptc.edu/transfer-to
If you are a first time college student, submit your high school transcripts showing your SMARTER BALANCE results if you are a high school graduate as of June 2016; or you can submit official advanced placement scores.
If the above do not apply, take the College Assessment at CPTC. Pay the $19 fee at the Cashier’s office in Bldg. 17, Rm. 140. Bring payment receipt and picture ID to the Assessment Center in Bldg 17, Rm 210 to take the ACCUPLACER. You may also bring assessment scores if you’ve taken an entry assessment at another community or
technical college within the past two years. Hours of operation and study materials are available at www.cptc.edu/assessment
All new students are required to attend an Advising Session to learn about program course requirements and education planning. Follow these steps to register:
Step 2: Fill out the form and click “submit”.
Step 3: Choose a date and time from the list of options by clicking on the arrow.
You will receive a confirmation email with date/time of your advising session. If you have questions, please see Advising/Counseling in Bldg 17, Rm 150 (253-589-5548).
Bring your assessment scores, or Course Transfer Report, and your Student ID (SID) to the advising session.
- Students who have attended an advising session may register for first quarter classes online. For more information about how and when to register go to www.cptc.edu/register.