Skip to main content
The new CPTC Bookstore Grand Opening is today, December 5th. Stop by building 23 and visit your new bookstore!
Professional Pilot Program Outcomes
- To conduct appropriate preflight preparation that assesses current and forecast weather, predicted aircraft performance, loading and navigational requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan cross country flights in the national airspace system.
- Demonstrate knowledge of aircraft systems and instruments.
- Effectively communicate and comply with air traffic control.
- Demonstrate proficiency in normal, short and soft field take-offs and landings.
- Perform minimum controllable airspeed and stall maneuvers.
- Demonstrate selected ground reference maneuvers.
- Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in emergency procedures and operations.
- Control the aircraft solely by reference to aircraft flight and navigational instruments.
- Ability to conduct instrument approaches.
- Perform and demonstrate proficiency in high performance commercial pilot maneuvers.
- Pass appropriate FAA practical test required for pilot certification on the first attempt.