The goal of CPTC Practical nursing program is to graduate competent learners who are able to -
- Promote the dignity, integrity , self-determination, and personal growth of diverse patients, their families and oneself to provide individualized, culturally appropriate relationship –centered nursing care.
- Make judgments in practice, substantiated with evidence, that integrate nursing science in the provision of safe, quality care for diverse patients and their families in collaboration with the health care team.
- Articulate a unique role as a member of the health car team, committed to evidence-based practice , caring , advocacy, and safe quality care, to provide optimal health care for diverse patients and their families.
- By collaborating with health care team members, utilize evidence, tradition and patient preferences in predictable patient care situations to promote optimal health status.
These outcomes will be measured by the following criteria
- The programs three year mean for licensure exam pass rate will be at or above 80%.
- A minimum of 80% of graduates will report having obtained employment within six months of graduation
- A minimum of 80% of graduates will report satisfaction with their self-assessment of preparation for entry level positions.
- A minimum of 70 % of students entering the PN program will complete the program within eighteen months of admission.
- A minimum of 80% of Employers of CPTC graduates will report satisfaction with graduate preparation for entry level positions.