Some web services, including TLR and the graduation application, will be unavailable from 8 a.m. on Saturday to 6 a.m. on Monday.
- Take a national certification examination qualifying them for employment as a Certified Medical Assistant.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Health Care Assistant Certification for the State of Washington, categories A, C, and E.
- Safely and effectively perform a variety of clinical and/or administrative tasks as an entry-level medical assistant.
- Display professionalism in the workplace and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing within a work environment.
- Manage time and prioritize multiple tasks effectively, meanwhile solving situations in a work environment.
- Follow standards, policies and procedures of the physician’s office within the medical assistant scope of practice demonstrating ethical and legal behaviors.
- Successfully pursue a career in medical assisting, phlebotomy, and other medical assistant duties as assigned.
- Graduates of the Medical Assistant program will demonstrate a thorough understanding of the new Washington State Medical Assistant requirements.