Skip to main content
Graduation applications are due in the Enrollment Services office by October 21, 2016 for all students completing their programs at the end of the Fall 2016 quarter.
Heating & Air Conditioning Refrigeration/Service Technician Program Outcomes
- Safely and effectively inspect, diagnose, disassemble, repair, replace and service various types of residential and light commercial heating/refrigeration equipment.
- Locate sources, make parts write-up, calculate costs and explain repair or service.
- Handle customer needs, complaints, questions, and special challenges.
- Access and apply manufacturer’s specifications in repair and replacement.
- Work safely and responsibly within all shop safety and environmental guidelines and standards.
- Demonstrate computer competency (1) for accessing HVAC/R data on the Internet and (2) through fault resolution in computer simulation programs.
- Communicate effectively with customers, fellow students, fellow technicians, supervisors and suppliers.
- Possess national certifications to achieve credibility in the HVAC/R field at the entry-level.
- Work independently and in groups to service, repair, test and maintain various types of residential and light commercial heating/refrigeration equipment.
- Describe employer expectations for entry-level employees within the HVAC/R industry workplace.
- Use technology and appropriate test equipment and tools to test various types of residential and light commercial heating/refrigeration equipment.
- Work with accuracy, dependability, proficiency and in a timely manner when servicing equipment.
- Identify and develop a strategy for a career plan within HVAC/R field.
- Graduates mastering the HVAC/R program will be employable in the industry.
- Employers of CPTC graduates in the HVAC/R program will be very satisfied with those who mastered our program.