Skip to main content
Graduation applications are due in the Enrollment Services office by October 21, 2016 for all students completing their programs at the end of the Fall 2016 quarter.
Dental Assistant Program Outcomes
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with team members and patients including confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Select appropriate instruments, materials, and equipment for various dental procedures.
- Maintain aseptic technique and apply maintenance of infection control pre-operatively, during patient care, and post-operatively according to OSHA regulations.
- Anticipate the dentist’s needs based on the procedure being performed.
- Correctly identify facial landmarks and dental anatomy.
- Utilize critical thinking in evaluating information, making decisions and completing projects.
- Evaluate work quality and generate recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Maintain conduct in a manner appropriate with dental standards in compliance with state and federal law.
- Multitask and demonstrate flexibility as it pertains to changes in daily routines and scheduled procedures.
- Prioritize and organize work assignments. Demonstrate effective time management skills.
- Obtain employment in the dental field or pursue advanced education.
- Successfully complete all three components of the Dental Assistant National Board exam to become a Certified Dental Assistant.