Why Choose the Advanced Composites Program?
There are tremendous opportunities available in composite manufacturing. This is a field that is still growing and is likely to continue due to the superior qualities of strength versus weight for many composite materials, as well as the flexibility in forming complex shapes and finding new uses for composites. There are tremendous opportunities in the hands-on manufacturing of composites, as well as with the innovative engineering with composite materials. This program helps students develop skills and proficiency in the math and physics involved in creating and working with composite materials and is a perfect fit for students who love to work with their hands and innovate.
How Long It Takes:
All program lengths are estimates and are not guarantees.
This is not a guarantee of employment or a certain wage. Full career data available at careerinfo.net.
Composites Program Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the Advanced Composites program, students will:
- Read and correctly interpret blueprints.
- Select composite materials and processes for specific applications. Design and build tooling for fabrication.
- Apply the appropriate repair techniques to various types of damage.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of cutting tools.
- Consistently display precision in processes, such as measuring, drilling, and fabricating components.
- Attach fasteners, metal components, brackets, and fittings to composite materials with precision and proper care of materials.
- Implement appropriate techniques to various types of damage.
- Operate tools and equipment safely. This includes personal safety standards related to shop layout, equipment use, and the handling and storage of materials.
Meet Your Instructors