Clover Park Technical College's email system and network will be down for maintenance Sept. 4-7.
- Demonstrate basic principles of Standard Precautions and the use of Personal Protective Equipment correctly.
- Use interactive communication skills to work effectively with others with special emphasis on the needs of the surgical department.
- Maintain professional ethics while demonstrating respect for staff, faculty, and patients.
- Demonstrate effective methods of infection control as it relates to personal hygiene, patient care equipment, and surgical asepsis.
- Identify basic and complex surgical instrumentation. Demonstrate the proper care and processing parameters for these items.
- Identify appropriate sterilization methods, cycles, and parameters for commonly used items.
- Select and use appropriate process indicators for low and high temperature reprocessing. Know recommended standards for biological monitoring and record keeping.
- Successfully pass classroom assessments and competencies, and accrue required clinical hours to be eligible to sit for the IAHCSMM certification exam upon graduation.