Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in the latest computer aided drafting (CAD) software, such as Revit, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and SketchUp.
- Develop a complete set of construction drawings for a single family house compliant with current state building and energy codes.
- Create a dream home for a client based on their ideas, needs, budget, timeline, and site features.
- Manage a construction project to meet the construction schedule through the three phases of design: schematic design, design development, and construction documents.
- Apply industry standards in the creation of Construction Documents; Drawings and Specifications.
- Analyze civil engineering date and incorporate into general civil drafting and map concepts.
- Use statics and dynamics to assess engineering components of building materials and physical forces upon them.
- Research products used within the construction industry.
- Communicate effectively through written, oral, and visual means architectural, engineering and design industry issues and associated design solutions.