Skip to main content
Spring Quarter 2017 Registration is now open. Visit www.cptc.edu/register for complete details.
Architectural Engineering Design Program Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in the latest CAD software, such as Revit, Autocad, Civil 3D, and Sketchup.
- Walk a client through creation of their dream home from the client’s ideas, needs, budget, timeline, and external features of the lot.
- Research products used within the construction industry.
- Establish a realist design schedule to produce a house design and construction documents, cost estimate, and energy analysis.
- Develop a complete set of construction drawings for a single family house.
- Communicate effectively technical issues and design solutions through written, oral, and visual means.
- Manage a construction project to meet the construction schedule through the three phases of design: schematic design, design development, and construction documents.
- Use statics and dynamics to assess engineering components of building materials and physical forces upon them.
- Apply current industry codes to construction projects.
- Create civil engineering diagrams.