Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in the latest computer aided drafting (CAD) software, such as Revit, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and SketchUp.
- Apply state building and energy codes and industry standards to create a complete set of construction documents for a single-family home.
- Create a dream home for a client based on their ideas, needs, budget, timeline, and site features.
- Manage a construction project to meet the construction schedule through the three phases of design: schematic design, design development, and construction documents.
- Analyze civil engineering data to create civil drawings using industry mapping software.
- Use statics and dynamics to assess engineering components of building materials and physical forces upon them.
- Research and categorize products used within the construction industry using industry’s MasterFormat system.
- Communicate effectively through written, oral, and visual means architectural, engineering, and design industry issues and associated