This policy is currently pending approval. For approved policies and procedures, visit our Policies and Procedures page.
This is a procedure sponsored by a direct-report level staff member, is posted online for comments and discussion. An email is sent to all staff and faculty. After 7 calendar days, online comments are closed and the Direct Reports make one of three decisions:
Continue online comment period.
Revise the procedure.
After the procedure is revised, it's reposted for a 7-day comment period.
After 7 calendar days, the Direct Reports discuss the procedure. If approved, it is signed by the direct-report level staff member.
If the Direct Reports determine that no revision is necessary, the procedure is signed by the direct-report level staff member.
This Procedure applies to all standing committees which are designated in the list under part B to: (1) have one or more ongoing purposes, and, (2) have at least five members, and (3) have indefinite duration (no specified termination), excluding the groups in part D.
On behalf of the Office of the President, the College Assembly shall compile, maintain and publish a list of all standing College committees.
C. Committee Descriptions:
The list shall state for each standing committee:
- Its general purpose(s);
- How members are selected;
- How the chair is selected, and the identity of the current chair;
- Its regular meeting date, time, and location;
- Where agendas, minutes, and other records of its meetings are kept.
This Procedure does not apply to:
- Temporary committees or task forces (those with a specified termination);
- Groups of employees who all report to the chair (staff meetings, President’s Cabinet, etc.);
- Groups which are created by and/or subject to collective bargaining agreements; or
- Tenure and hiring/search committees whose work consists primarily of discussion of personnel matters which are generally deemed to be confidential.
A copy of the 1.7P proposal can be downloaded here.