- Coercion- Impelling another person to do an act by physical or moral force or threat of force.
- Extortion- Obtaining property from another without his/her consent, induced by wrongful use of force or fear.
- Blackmail- Extortion by threat of public disclosure
- Report incident to supervisor/building administrator as soon as practical
- Administrator and/or designee reports incident to Campus Security
Defuse the situation – Protect others, avoid escalation. Staff member may use reasonable force as warranted.
Report assault – Report to the immediate supervisor immediately by phone or messenger.
Deal with medical emergency – Apply first aid and/or summon aid car.
Take names of witness at the scene – delegate as needed.
Report to appropriate law enforcement agency (9-911) and campus security (ext. 5682).
In cases where a weapon is present, an injury requires medical attention or there is a threat of future violence.
Document action taken - Take written report from witness.