International Students | Clover Park Technical College Skip to main content

International Students

We provide top-quality education for your investment, and a warm, caring, family-like environment. Students at Clover Park Technical College can earn an Associate Degree, transferable degree or a variety of professional certificates. Clover Park Technical College agreements with other colleges and universities provide ways for students to get real-world work experience while they are preparing for work or earning a four-year college degree. Clover Park Technical College graduates are highly regarded by employers because they know how to apply their skills and knowledge to their work. The “Learn by Doing” educational philosophy at Clover Park Technical College helps students prepare for their professional careers.

International Admissions

Follow these easy steps to become an international student at CPTC:

  1. Fill out an admissions application and submit with the following documents:

    a)   Bank statement(s) showing sufficient funds available for the first year of your studies. The cost of studies varies by the program. Please contact us for more information.

    b)  Other supporting documents (see the application packet cover page for the list of required documents).

    c)   Enclose the $50.00 (USD) non-refundable application fee, which you can pay with bank check, money order or credit card payment with authorized signature. 

    d)  A small color photo of your headshot.

    e)   A short essay about you and your education & career goals.

  2. You can submit your completed application and documents by e-mail to, mail the originals to 4500 Steilacoom Blvd SW, Lakewood, WA, 98499 U.S.A. or fax it to us at 253-589-6056.

English Proficiency Requirement

  • TOEFL iBT61/PBT500/CBT173 or higher.
  • IELTS overall band score 5.5 or higher with no band score lower than 5.0.
    (Please request your test scores to be sent to us directly from ETS or IELTS. Some programs may require higher test scores. Please contact international program office staff for more details.)
  • No TOEFL/IELTS is required for admission if you completed the highest level of ESL program at accredited U.S. schools.  

Coming Soon! English Language Training at CPTC

Intensive English Program and ESL Pathway Program are expected to start in 2019. No TOEFL/IELTS score is required for admission if you apply for our Intensive English Program. Successful completion of the ESL Pathway Program guarantees admission into one of many professional technical programs offered at CPTC. Please visit this Webpage regularly for updates or contact the International Education Programs at for more information.

Release of Information

For your protection and because of U.S. Privacy Act considerations, we ask that you sign a Release of Information statement prior to Release of personal information to third parties.

International Transfer Students

If you're currently attending another U.S. college and want to transfer to CPTC, you will need to:

  • Submit a CPTC international education application, following the instructions above and including the $50 fee.
  • Submit your transcripts. You'll need to request your official transcripts from any current or past colleges and have them sent directly to the CPTC International Education Office.
  • Submit copies of your I-20, I-94 and the visa page of your passport.
  • Submit a Transfer Eligibility Verification Form. This form must be completed by the adviser (DSO) at your current institution.

About Clover Park Technical College

CPTC is located south of Seattle, only 40 minutes from the Seattle-Tacoma airport in the city of Lakewood. We look forward to welcoming you to our friendly and safe campus. We're ready to help you every step of the way, from the time you apply to the time you graduate. We offer airport pickup, housing assistance and personal attention with helping you settle in.

Housing Options

Homestay: If you need a host family, please contact us at international@cptc.eduwhen you submit your application. We will send you the information on how to apply for homestay.

Apartment Living: There are many private apartments within walking distance of the college. If you choose to live in an apartment, you will need to rent or buy your own furniture, cook your own meals and pay for phone and electricity. Private one-bedroom apartments cost around $500 a month, while private two-bedroom apartments cost $600 or more, depending on size, location and amenities.