How to Complete the Computer Literacy Skills Test
Steps to complete the challenge test:
- Enroll in the test section using Item # IT00. Enroll online at http://www.cptc.edu/index.php/programs/register/, in person in Building 17 on CPTC’s main campus, South Hill Campus or by phone at 253-589-5666.
- Pay the $25 fee in Building 17, South Hill Campus, or online at https://tredstone.cptc.edu/kiosk/wccba/.
- You may take the tests online from your own computer or in the library’s computer lab on the main campus.
- a. Campus Library: Questions about library hours or computer lab location? Call 253-589-7544.
- b. If taking the test at home you will need:
- i. PC or Mac computer. Check the system requirements at: http://myitlab.com/System_Requirements.
- ii. Internet connection.
- iii. Ability to install programs on your PC or Mac.
- iv. Access to the Microsoft Word 2010 program on a PC computer.
- 5. Use the instructions sent to you by the moderator to take the tests. You only have 60 days to complete the tests, and if necessary, training and retests.
- a. Setup your account.
- b. Complete any installations on your own computer if necessary.
- c. Review the testing process.
- d. Take the tests.
- i. Passed? Your are done.
- ii. Did not pass?
- 1. Study the optional material.
- 2. Retake the tests. You may retake the tests twice.
- 7. The moderator will verify completion of your tests and have registration update your transcripts.
« Degree Requirements