Student Council Information
The following legislative agenda was developed at The Student Voice Academy, an annual statewide conference for community and technical college students, held in March 2010. At this conference, student leaders from across the state gathered and came to consensus on the following five issues, believing these issues to be the most immediate concerns for community and technical college students.
Download: 2010 White Paper - CTC Student White Paper
One of the ways that the ASG serves the student body is by representing the student voice on college committees. Participating in a college or ASG committee is a great way to get involved and make a difference on campus.
- President’s Council - The President’s Council was established to provide the college president with advise and feedback when needed. The council is made up of 21 members from various areas throughout the college. The ASG President is included in this council.
- Policies and Procedures Committee - This committee reviews and revises college policies and procedures. Two students have voting power on this committee.
- Tenure Committees - When instructors are offered a permanent position at CPTC, they must go through a review process to make sure that they are good instructors. The Tenure Committee is responsible for conducting this review. Each tenure committee has one seat for students.
- Diversity Committee - There are two seats for students on the Diversity Committee. The mission of the Diversity Committee is to promote awareness, understanding and appreciation of diversity throughout the College community by developing a Diversity Plan and facilitating the Plan’s vision, values and goals. The Diversity Committee serves in an advisory role to the President, Cabinet, and various groups and units on campus regarding diversity issues. These issues may include such areas as diversity in hiring, student recruitment and retention, staff training, and campus environments and services . The committee meets once a month (currently the first Thursday of each month from 3-4:30 p.m.).
ASG committees are internal committees established by Student Council to carry out the work of the council.
- Services and Activities Fee Budget Committee - The S&A Fee Budget Committee is an all-student committee responsible for distributing the annual S&A Fee budget. This Committee is chaired by the ASG President.
- Constitution and Bylaws Committee - The Constitution and Bylaws Committee is responsible for editing and updating all of the official documents that govern the Associated Students of Clover Park Technical College. This committee is chaired by the Vice President of Government Affairs. Download: ASCPTC Constitution and Bylaws
- Selections Committee - The Selections Committee is responsible for selecting new members of ASG and the CAB throughout the year as needed, and hires the next team during Spring Quarter. This committee is chaired by the ASG Secretary.
Joining Student Council:
The Student Council selects new members every year during Spring Quarter, but occasionally positions will open during other times of the year. If you are interested in volunteering with Student Council, or would like to be notified when a position opens, please contact:
Download: Student Leadership Application Packet (Job Descriptions Included)