Library Mission Statement
- Provide relevant and organized collections of print, non-print, electronic resources that support the information needs of students, faculty and staff.
- Encourage excellence in library staff through appropriate training and professional growth opportunities.
- Help students meet college-wide core abilities, particularly as they relate to using information to solve problems and as a tool for lifelong learning.
- Provide clean, comfortable, barrier free facilities that encourage use of the library and afford maximum access to resources.
- Participate in cooperative resource sharing agreements and networks with other Washington State Community and Technical Colleges.
- Effectively help students learn to use the library, information resources and information technology.
- Help develop information competency skills in students, enabling them to find, analyze and use needed information.
- Improve library services, collections resources through regular assessment of their quality, appropriateness and utilization.
- Maintain effective library management through administrative planning in accordance with library principles and college policy.