American Opportunity Tax Credit Information
What is CPTC Doing?
- 1098-T forms have been mailed to students who may qualify. The form includes the CPTC web address where you may view your detailed payment information, and also includes a telephone number to call for assistance.
- Six PCs with web access are available for students to use in the Lobby of Building 17. A printer will allow you to print out your information.
- You may also access the web using any computer lab on campus.
Where can students obtain information?
An excellent source of information on the American Opportunity Tax Credit is National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA):
- The Clover Park Technical College web site. This web site provides information on the fees you paid CPTC that are eligible under the tax credit. It can be accessed using your Student ID (SID) number and PIN. The detailed information about fees paid can be printed from this site.
- Call 253-589-6079. This is a message phone where you may request assistance with obtaining your CPTC fee information only. College employees cannot provide tax information to students.
- American Opportunity Tax Credit page US Department of Education
- The Internal Revenue Service IRS Tax Information for Students
- Your personal tax advisor.