Campus Diversity Survey Results
The Diversity Committee at Clover Park Technical College conducted a survey to assess impressions of faculty, staff, and students about the current levels of diversity on campus and about the importance of creating and maintain a diverse campus. The following is a summary of some of the information gained from the survey.
In what ways, if any, do you think the College is currently supporting diversity?
- Clover Park is a welcome College open to anyone who wants to learn!
- By allowing all races, ages, gender & ethnicities have an opportunity for education.
- Lack of any kind of prejudice tells me that diversity is being supported, in that nothing is holding anyone back, other than one’s own actions.
- I don’t know if the college is supporting diversity, but the college is definitely diverse.
What diversity activities/trainings would you like to see occur for CPTC faculty and staff?
- Mandatory diversity training for all new employees; retroactive training for current employees.
- Activities that promote awareness of learning styles, disabilities, and cultural differences.
- Workshops to promote cultural competency and diversity implementation.
- Something that explains what diversity is and how to work with a diverse group of people.
What diversity activities/training would you like to see occur for our CPTC students?
- Events, presentations similar to those available during Black history month.
- Learning disabilities screening for students.
- Cultural intelligence and generational diversity workshops.
- Activities that would allow people from all ethnic groups to meet together and learn more about other ethnic groups from around the world.
Printer friendly version