Vision, Mission, and Goals
Transforming lives, enriching communities and enhancing futures by creating an environment of innovation, equity and excellence through education.
We are a values-driven institution that delivers quality education, training and support focused on student success in an evolving economy.
Clover Park Technical College values:
- Student Success
- Lifelong Learning
- Social Responsibility
We recognize that the unique needs, goals and circumstances of the individual have a direct impact on a person’s ability to access and benefit from college activities and opportunities.
We seek opportunities to consistently exceed our best individual and institutional performance.
We consider respect to be the inherent dignity we give all people.
We celebrate the many individuals that make up our community and embrace the opportunity to learn from both their differences and similarities.
We pursue the development and application of new ideas that lead to creative solutions.
We support our students to reach or exceed their personal goals or other desirable outcomes.
We promote ongoing pursuit of knowledge for both personal and professional reasons.
We commit to decisions and actions that are socially aware and make us a strong community partner.
Promote Student Access
- Provide an environment that supports student retention, persistence and completion
- Invest in personal and professional growth for all employees
- Celebrate staff and student achievement, success and creativity
- Create an understanding of equitable principles
- Identify and implement opportunities for increasing equity
- Identify and address achievement gaps
Build an Educated Community
- Ensure student learning outcomes are aligned with current professional standards
- Respond to labor market needs and close workforce gaps
- Expand lifelong learning and professional credentialing opportunities
- Strengthen educational transitions between K-12 and higher education
Enhance Institutional Capacity
- Create and improve systems to support a culture of inquiry and evidence-based decision making
- Review and revise systems and processes for effectiveness
- Judiciously manage the acquisition, use and maintenance of goods and materials
- Integrate technology across the college
- Upgrade the college’s innovation support structures
- Create a culture where all ideas can be shared and validated
- Develop entrepreneurial attitudes, behaviors and skills that can be applied across the college
- Develop collaborative and innovative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
Create and Maintain a Sustainable College Community
- Cultivate relationships and explore options to find and utilize alternative funding sources
- Maintain and update existing infrastructure
- Implement sustainable practices
- Document our institutional knowledge
Foster Community Engagement and Social Responsibility
- Build and maintain community partnerships
- Promote and strengthen internship and service opportunities
- Identify and develop opportunities for community education and outreach
- Promote a welcoming and safe environment